Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday Technique: Alcohol Ink Backgrounds

I've owned a bunch of Ranger Alcohol Inks for a couple of years, but until recently they'd never even been out of the package. Now I'm hooked on them. I can't wait to add to my collection of colors.

If you need an explanation as to what alcohol inks are and what they do please check out this VIDEO on YouTube with Tim Holtz.  He shows you how to use them and explains the properties of them.

These are the two backgrounds that I made using Ranger Alcohol Inks and Ranger Glossy Paper.



Then I did a little stamping on one of them using Staz On Black Ink and stamps by Stampin' Up.

Then I fussy cut the flowers. 
I cut down the other background and used a large text background stamp and a Happy Birthday stamp.
I added one of the flowers using foam adhesive for some dimension.

Haven't decided what I'll do with the rest of the flowers, but I know they'll be used.

EDITED: I made a few more cards with alcohol ink backgrounds and the flowers from above.





What are you waiting for?  Go get inky!

Stop back tomorrow for a few more alcohol ink background cards and a birthday celebration. 

Happy Crafting 
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!