Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mask-erade - Online Card Classes Day 1

I'm participating in the Online Card Classes Mask-erade Class that started today.

It is not to late to participate in the class.  Since OCC classes never expire, you can access the class content forever once you have purchased them.  The only things that go away after the actual class is over is the ability to add to the gallery and the prizes.

So today's lesson was on using masking paper to create a card.

I used Inkadinkado masking paper along with two stamp sets, Doodle Flowers by Inkadinkado and Delightful by Simon Says Stamp.  I used Stampin' Up cardstock for my card base and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink for the stamping and Copic Markers to color in the flowers.


And here is a cautionary tale too...
Don't change coloring mediums after you have stamped your images, unless
you know the ink you used is good for both mediums.

I stamped these cuties in Memento black ink with the thought of coloring them in with Copic markers, which Memento ink is perfect for. Then I decided I didn't have  the perfect marker color for sky, so I grab my Ranger Distress Inks.  Ok, with the black ink masked this wouldn't have been a big deal...until...I sprayed it with water to get the colors to blend better.
As you can see the ink ran and now my poor little chick, has a black eye.
I guess life in the barnyard isn't as easy as everyone thinks. LOL

Happy Crafting
Theresa


5 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful but the second one is way to cute love them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I'm this late in visiting and returning visits from classmates in the Maskerade class?! Oy! I've come back to this point through the front door so I could see all your remarkable homework from all five days!! Well done, Theresa!! Thank you so much for visiting me and joining as a follower! It's my pleasure to return the flavor!! I hope to see you agai soon!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!