Wednesday, May 25, 2016

StampNation Weekly Challenge May 25th

Today's StampNation Challenge
is a Tic Tac Toe Challenge


Well, I kinda went off the path without trying to and used both the top row and the first column. Circle/Square/Flower and Circle/Diecut/Stencil.
I started my thought process thinking, I'll do the top row (Circle/Square/Flower), so I started
gathering supplies, I found a couple of stencils to be the circle and the square, grabbed my Rose Garden thinlits for the flower and grabbed some inks and started playing.
When I was all done, I realized I'd also used the first column (Circle/Die Cut/Stencil) too.

I cut the rose from Ranger Watercolor Cardstock and used my distress inks mixed with Perfect Pearls Mist on my craft mat to color it and because there was a ton of color left, I dipped the rest of the watercolor sheet in the ink until it was gone.  This led me to diecutting the rose 2 more times and stacking them for more dimension.  I then diecut the Hello from the stenciled background panel and added tons of foam tape, I used the remaining piece of watercolor cardstock to layer behind the stenciled panel. I added back in the negative pieces to the hello with foam tape too.
Adhered it all to the card base and viola, card finished. 
It's different, but I really like how it turned out. 





Happy Crafting
Theresa

Supplies:
Ink: Ranger Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers  
Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay

Stamps: None

Paper: Paper Studio Heavyweight white for card base 
and Ranger Distress Watercolor for layers and diecuts

Accessories: Rose Garden and Hello You Thinlits by Stampin' Up 

Stencils: MFT Small Checkerboard & Winnie & Walter Pattern of Rings (from Friendship SOA) 


Blog Hop Winner Announcement
If you hoped with us on May 17th for the 


blog hop and commented...THANK YOU!

The drawing is over and the winner is


All of the cards are wonderful but the first is
my favorite. Love how it was colored.
If I won that would be the card I'd love to receive.
thanks for sharing.

Mary, please email me at scrapsbygracie AT gmail.com within the next 10 days
to claim your prize. Please use the subject line WINNER CAS. 

Thanks for hopping with us everyone!
Check out the next up on June 17th.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!